May 14, 2010

So you wanna be a Crusader?

I’ve got a little project I’m working on that hopefully I’ll have completed soon. I’m trying to create a calculator that will tell you what it’s going to take to go from your current state and reputation levels to earn the Crusader title and all of the glory that comes with it.

My vision is that it will tell you:

  • Which quest lines you need to complete
  • Which dailies you need to complete
  • How many days will you have to spend doing dailies
  • How many Champion Writs you will need to earn and spend
  • How much gold you would earn in working toward crusader.
Right now I’m working in Excel, but if I could figure out a way to get it online that would be even better. The “pie in the sky” vision would be to have it pull in data from the armory somehow, but that’s much beyond my expertise.

It's something I would have loved to have had before working on my five Crusaders and I realize it may be a bit dated.  Nonetheless it's a been an interesting excerise.

More to come. Let me know if you are interested or have any input.

1 comment:

  1. I would be interested in this, as I am trying to work on this currently. I should have been working on this the whole time, but I got lazy lol. I would be willing to host a copy of it (via Zip file) on my web server. I have plenty of bandwidth :)

    ReplyDelete